Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF)
The PRTF program at SpringBrook provides a structured, therapeutic community for children and adolescents with severe and persistent emotional conflict. The program is lead by experienced child psychiatrists, clinical therapists, nurses, teachers and mental health technicians who know the special requirements of working constructively with children experiencing emotional and behavioral problems. The PRTF clients take full advantage of SpringBrook's gymnasium, swimming pool, large outdoor campus and fields, creative arts and academic classrooms to incorporate everyday activities into a therapeutic experience.
The PRTF Program is centered around a Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT) model. SpringBrook tailors individual treatment for the clients, focusing on how to change the behavior through an in-depth process. Clients are positively motivated to use new skills through a Daily Level system in which they earn new privileges through each level. In addition to clinical treatment, all PRTF clients obtain a full educational curriculum provided by certified teachers.
The lessons learned at SpringBrook provide a solid basis for continued growth and success. Aftercare planning begins when treatment begins. SpringBrook professionals work with families, the local school, youth serving agencies, and other health and mental health professionals to facilitate a successful return to the community.
The PRTF program at SpringBrook is separated into multiple treatment modalities to support a specific client population:
- Children Co-gender (ages 5 to 12)
- Adolescent Males (ages 13 to 18)
- Adolescent Females (ages 13 to 18)
- Autism Spectrum and Related Disorders (ages 5 to 18)
- Adolescent Females with Reactive and Deviant Sexual Behaviors (ages (13 to 18)
Adolescent Females with Reactive and Deviant Sexual Behaviors Treatment Tract
The SpringBrook Adolescent Females with Reactive and Deviant Sexual Behaviors Treatment Tract is designed to Resolve Trauma, use a Cognitive Approach, and Eliminate Destructive Behaviors. The three principals guide SpringBrook's treatment tract in order to help our clients cheive positive behavioral outcomes through a combination of psychiatric treatment and innovative therapeutics such as:
- Addressing all offending and reactive behaviors
- Developing and addressing complex trauma histories
- Developing healthy relational patterns and boundaries
- Addressing co-morbid diagnosis, i.e. Post-Traumatic Stress, Depression, Anxiety, etc.
- Eliminate self-destructive behaviors such as self-mutilation, substance abuse, unsafe sex, and unhealthy/ abusive relationships
- Specialized workbook for female adolescents to address reactive and deviant behaviors
- Certified trauma therapists
- Group therapy to address co-morbid diagnosis
- Individual and family therapy
- Behavioral and functional assessment
- Occupational, Speech Therapy, and Bio-Feedback (as needed)
Intensive Diagnostic Program
The SpringBrook Intensive Diagnostic Program is designed for a short-term length of stay of 30, 60, or 90 days. Our clinicians efficiently assess the client's diagnosis and complete a comprehensive treatment plan within a week of admission by utilizing standard assessment tools used in the long-term PRTF Program in addition to unique tests that pinpoint specific aspects of the client's diagnosis.
At the end of 30 days, an interdisciplinary team presents a compilation of all diagnostic data collected and provides a detailed recommendation for the client's future treatment.
The clients in the Intensive Diagnostic Program integrate with children and adolescents from the standard residential program. They have opportunities to take advantage of SpringBrook's amenities and they attend all standard treatment programs, including Individual Psychotherapy, Group Psychotherapy, Family Therapy and Activity Therapy.
To make a referral for SpringBrook's PRTF program, please contact the Admissions Department at 864-834-8013 or click here for the PRTF Application .